Monday 27 June 2016

Petra Collins- Bringing a Fresh Perspective on Womanhood

Hello all! I think I've fallen in love. Just recently, I've been more than a little obsessed with Canadian photographer Petra Collins' work. Collins' is fairly new on the fashion photography scene but is definitely making her presence felt. There's so much to love...

  • Collins' uses beautiful pastel-tinged hues, warm, glowing lighting to portray her subjects in a raw but beautiful manner. Her images have a warm, dream-like, summertime feel that the viewer cannot help but get lost in.
  • Her portrayal of women and feminist issues is very honest and empowering through this. Be it photographing the world's famous women, i.e. Bella Hadid in her underwear, her work doesn't feel sexualised, but sexual in a beautifully natural and realistic way. This portrayal of women can only have an empowering effect on the viewer- which is a great thing.
  • Overall, Collins' is bringing a fresh perspective on feminism and female issues that is so very inspiring to me and many others I suspect. I look forward to seeing more of her work in the future!
Some of my favourite work...

Bella Hadid for Vogue





Amandla Stenberg for Nylon

Rowan Blanchard for Wonderland






No comments:

Post a Comment