Monday 5 December 2016

Photographers You Should Know About: Jamie Hawkesworth


Hello all, today I would like to share with you the work of a photographer of which I have been absolutely loving of late, that I think you guys should know about.

Preston-born Jamie Hawkesworth's approach to photography is one of subtlety and elegance, all with playful references to Britain's heritage. What I love about Jamie's work is the ability to take an  unglamourous subject and make it compelling and beautiful, for example Jamie's work which portrays the reality of life in the north of England. I find myself completely absorbed in Jamie's work through the use of dreamy almost surrealist colour contrast, sharpness and the use of brightness and shadow within each piece. 

His editorial commissions are published in Acne Paper, AnOther, Dazed & Confused, i-D, Love, Vogue amongst many other publications. Alongside this he has also created catalogue and campaign work for Alexander McQueen, J.W. Andersen, Loewe and Miu Miu. Jamie is definitely one to watch in the fashion world.

Here's some of my favourite pieces of his work below...

enjoy and be inspired!











No comments:

Post a Comment