Wednesday 26 October 2016

On The Charm Offensive: Fashion's Obsession with Embroidery and Beading

Hello all and a very happy Wednesday to you all! Today I thought I'd try out a different type of blog post as I am gradually attempting to bring you guys more content this month!

AW16 has seen some incredible beading and exquisitely embroidered clothing and accessories gradually drift their way down from the catwalks to the high street, and I don't know about you, 
but I have been obsessed!

Embroidered bomber jackets, shirts and jeans have been major players this season. 
(I may have purchased the most beautiful tiger embroidered jacket from Bershka earlier this month cough cough #treatyourself)

Here's some inspiration for you guys, straight from the top designers, such as Dior 
(omg still dribbling over ss17) and Alexander McQueen. 

I feel like this trend is one that is so open to interpretation, which is great. I'm almost tempted to don myself a new leather or denim jacket and cover it in charity shop/ vintage brooches to channel the glitz and glam of the runway but also keep my style really individual.

Do you guys like this trend? If so, how are you interpreting it?


Alexander McQueen SS17 details


Dior by Maria Grazia Chiuri S/S 17


Alexander McQueen S/S 17


Dior S/S 17


Dior S/S 17


Dolce & Gabbana S/S 17


Peter Pilotto S/S 17


embroidered leather


starry-eyed


teeth & lips


Rochas AW16

(none of these photos are mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment